ENTTEX Response to the Coronavirus Pandemic
The mission of our practice is to serve our communities and improve the health of our patients. Medical practices around the world are struggling to balance between caring for their patients and protecting their staff. During these unprecedented circumstances caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to see patients in the clinic, though at a reduced capacity.
If you do need to come to the office for an appointment, we are staffed and ready to see you. We have instituted policies and procedures to help ensure the safety of our patients and staff during this difficult time:
- Ask that all patients wear a mask coming into our office.
- All clinical staff are required to wear masks.
- We will use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) with all patient encounters.
- Maintain social distancing of 6 feet in the exam rooms, when possible.
- Patients 18 and older will not be accompanied by anyone else in the exam room.
- Pediatric patients are allowed one parent or guardian in the exam room.
- Limit the number of guests in the waiting to maintain social distancing and ask that all patients adhere to the six foot of distance guidance by the CDC.
- Non-essential guests may be asked to wait in their cars or in the building lobby.
- Allergy shot patients not on maintenance dose will be required to wait 20 minutes in their car or lobby and use guidelines provided to determine any reaction. If so, they are instructed to return to the office.
- Offer hand sanitizer at check-in, check-out and throughout the clinic.
- Computer keyboards, credit card machines, telephones and hard surfaces are cleaned frequently.
- Staff are required to wash hands between patients, touching face or using the restroom.
- Exam rooms are sanitized between each patient using disinfection techniques as recommended by the CDC.
- Patients are screened in advance for signs and symptoms of viral infections before they come to the office.
We ask for patience as we all adapt to the significant changes emerging as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and look forward to seeing you in our clinic. Please do not hesitate to reach out to the office if there are any questions or concerns.